With the decoration trends leaning more towards nature-friendly products and earthy tones, wooden flooring is the first thing that comes in mind when one thinks of flooring options for home or office. Wooden flooring gives an overall cosy and hygienic feeling to the space, be it in office or at home.
While enough care should be taken to ensure that the right kind of flooring (be it in terms of decor, durability, patterns or colour) is chosen to give the feel that you want for your rooms or your workspace; one must not forget that the maintenance of wooden flooring is as important as the purchase of it. Since it is a lifetime investment, daily maintenance of wooden flooring becomes important to keep your flooring looking as good as new for as long as possible.
Here are a couple of things that you can do to ensure proper care of your wooden flooring:
- Use a Rugs at doorway: This will ensure that the dirt from shoes and otherwise do not get tracked. This dirt and debris can scratch the floor and wear it out
- Wipe Spills immediately: Any spill on the floor must be immediately wiped up with dampened cloth. This will prevent the flooring from staining
- Use stick-on felt protectors under legs of furniture and replace these as often as required to prevent dirt from embedding on the pad
- Try to keep sports cleats and heels away from wooden floors
- Avoid using tile cleaners, wet mop and acrylic wax on your wooden floor