Diwali…. otherwise known as the festival of lights is one occasion which is associated with re-doing the home decor and touching up the colours of your walls. So now that it is almost time to start budgeting for the hauling up… We though we would let you in on the colours that are making a statement this season:
- Pink: Wait! Before you decide on pink “not-being-your-colour”… This is the shade that you just can’t say a no to. This pink is a shade with just the right tinge of grey. And trust us… there is nothing “girly” about it!! You can use any shade from this palette
- Yellow: The shade of sun is always in vogue.Yellow being a warm colour, it gives a soothing feeling to the room and also envelops it in comfort. Yellow is the best shade to exhibit a fresh new start ! Any of these shades will work well because it goes with almost anything
- Green: The colour green by any other name is just as soothing and relaxing. Shades of green give a warm feeling to the room and give it a character. Green is the vibrant shade that transcends all trends
- Teal: This is one versatile colour that really brings out the essence of the wooden furniture in the room. Given that Indian households take real pride in their wooden furniture, teal is the shade to go for! Teal spells serenity, calm and confidence
- Orange: Dull and earthy shades of orange are the shade of the season. Not only do these shades make you room look neat and cosy, they also are the apt shade for festivities.Rich as this shade is, it gives a feel of luxury
So paint your rooms all shades of pink, yellow, green, teal and orange…. and remember..
“Life is about using the whole box of crayons!”